Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Saturday, April 13, 2013

First Recovery Run

 

“Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better.” -
Juha Väätäinen, Finland

Today was my first recovery run following the Southern Indiana Classic Marathon on April 6th. I had walked 30 minutes on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I rested on Wednesday.

My goal for today was to run 10 minute miles. I ran 3.2 miles in 33 minutes and that included two stops to take pictures.

lakeshore1

Our a apartment complex sits on a small lake right on the edge of town. The loop I run measures right at 1.4 miles on my Garmin 305. There is not much traffic on the roads around it so this complex is home to a lot of young  and young at heart runners and bicyclists.

 

lakeshore2

I decided to start stopping and taking pictures during my slower runs.

What do you think of my running path?

No comments:

Post a Comment