Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Saturday, August 20, 2011

8/20/2011

I ran twenty (20) miles today outside. I made it 10 miles before I had to stop and walk, from that point on it was run/walk. Then I hit the wall at 15 miles and every step hurt, from that point on it was walk/walk/run. My goal is still to run the entire Chicago Marathon without stopping and walking, hopefully I pushed the wall back a few miles today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Its impressive to keep on going when you hit the wall at 15 miles. I dont know if I would have manage to do that in training.. If it were raceday, I would probably force myself to continue though =)

    What date is Chicago Marathon?
    Regards from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps! Very nice job on the weightloss..

    ReplyDelete