As your fitness level improves and you become a better runner you will have to run faster to achieve the same heart rate, in this sense running truly is an addiction!
I use my Garmin Forerunner to measure my heart rate when I am running and to target the right heart rate zone.
- Moderate activity is reached by walking briskly
- Weight control is reached by jogging slowly
- Aerobic is reached by running
- Anaerobic is reached by running faster this is where you "feel the burn"
- VO2 or The Red line Zone is the equivalent of running all out and is used for interval training
How much time do you devote to the various zones in your workout?