Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Sunday, January 23, 2011

Garmin Forerunner 305 Features

I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS unit. If you are running outside it will download a map of your run to your computer. It is one of those things that once you have it and get used to it, you wonder how you lived without it. The Garmin 305 can tell you:

  • Total distance of your run
  • Total time
  • Average pace
  • Average speed
  • Maximum speed
  • Total calories
  • Average heart rate
  • Maximum heart rate
  • Total ascent
  • Total descent
I have a foot pod for mine, this allows you to use the Garmin indoors on the treadmill. Garmin makes a variety of GPS units in a wide variety of prices, Timex also makes some GPS units.

I ran 3.2 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill today. Really a good run, considering yesterday I did 14 miles. Usually I am not that loose after a long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment