- Avoid trendy diets - If it is to go to be true, it probably is.
- Pick a diet that fits your lifestyle - There are diets plans for available for every lifestyle
- Prepare diet-friendly meals ahead of time - On the weekends, when we have time to cook, we cook ahead.
- Set Goals - Set realistic goals, such as 5lb or 10lb increments.
- Monitor your progress daily - You have to hold yourself accountable.
- Avoid tempting situations - My weakness is pizza, I have to avoid the pizza parlor.
- Don't starve yourself - Not only will it make you miserable, it is unhealthy. Your body has to take in calories in order to burn calories.
- Reward yourself occasionally (and in moderation) - When I reach a goal, I can have some pizza.
- Ditch the unhealthy snacks - Note to self: eat fruits, veggies, etc. ditch the candy bars and potato chips.
- Live a healthy lifestyle along with your diet - dieting is not enough, you need regular exercise and to break bad habits such as smoking.
Monday, January 24, 2011
I ran 14 miles on Saturday and 3.5 miles on Sunday so it was time to rest the muscles and take a break. It seems like I have been hungry all the time and have struggled with my diet lately. I found a diet tips on the Internet :