Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Six Tips To Get The Most Out of Your Workout

I saw an this article on MSN's website and here are the six tips:
  • Workout between 4 and 6pm because that is when yhour body temperature is highest, that will make your workout more productive.
  • Warm up 15 minutes before the main event. This will improve your range of motion and enhance your anaerobic performance.
  • Wear cross-trainers when you're walking the dog, lifting at the gym or hanging out on weekends.
  • Listen to your MP3 player when you're on the treadmill.
  • Replace your running shoes before you log 500 miles.
  • Clean your watchband before you can smell it.
Today  I ran 3.6 miles in 33 minutes on the treadmill and that is one of my better runs.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Arthur. Congrats on running 18 mi on Saturday. That's no easy feat! Good luck at the Chicago M.
    My tip for a workout is to do it on an empty stomach. This will prevent cramps or heartburn and avoid that feeling of sluggishness after a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ron, be sure to sign up to follow me if you like.

    ReplyDelete