Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Sunday, February 22, 2015

First 10k

First 10k

My first 10k was the Thanksgiving Day Race 11/22/2007 in Cincinnati, Ohio.  During the training I was having to stop and walk during my long runs. My longest run was three weeks before the race and it was 7 miles.
At the beginning of the race a few people cramped up during the first steep hill and had to stop and walk. Close to end of the race I was beginning to run out of steam, but was able to suck it up and finish the 10k without walking. I finished the 10k (6.2 miles) in 1:07:24 with a pace of 10:52.

Sporting my T-shirt before the race.

It was cold the morning of the race, everyone was bundled up and trying to keep warm.

The starting line for the race.


The race finished in the Paul Brown Stadium.

Getting close to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment