Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Monday, March 18, 2013

Music Mondays: Kokomo


“I believe that music is God's voice.” – Brian Wilson 

One of my favorite songs to run to is Kokomo by The Beach Boys. The song has a nice easy, relaxing beat which makes it fun to run to.  The story behind this song is that the Beach Boys are Pam’s favorite group and Kokomo is her ring tone on my iPhone. For her birthday last year I took her to the Beach Boys 50th Anniversary Tour at the Chicago Theatre.

Here is the video from YouTube featuring along with the Beach Boys Tom Cruise and honorary Beach Boy John Stamos.
 
What are some of your favorite songs to run to?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great song and always on my beach playlist. Thanks for linking up for Music Monday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and sponsoring Music Monday.

      Delete