Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Saturday, March 16, 2013

Healthy Writers Club: Training Summary 3/16/2013


"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike Today I ran 13.6 miles which is my final long run before the Southern Illinois Spring Classic Half Marathon on 3/23. It was a nice, warm, and windy spring day. I had an easier time holding my body back and not running too fast. It didn’t seem to matter whether I was running against the wind or had the wind against my back. I was able to hold run at a pace that I found it easy to talk in short sentences. You might wonder why I ran 13.6 miles training for a 13.1 mile race. I am running the Southern Indiana Spring Classic Marathon on 4/6. I have included a graph of my run that shows my pace during my run. I finished my run at 5mph. This pace is a little slower than I would have liked, but the sinusitis and bronchitis slowed down my training. clip_image002 My heart rate finished at 127. I spent most of the race in zone 3, which is the aerobic heart rate zone. I want to be in the aerobic heart rate zone so my body can transport oxygen to the muscles during the run. By staying in the aerobic heart rate zone I avoid lactic acid build up which will slow me down. clip_image004 Here is a workout summary. I made it the entire distance without having to stop and walk which made me happy. I feel like I am ready for the half marathon but I am not hoping for a personal record (PR). clip_image006 What did you do today? What races have you signed up for?










No comments:

Post a Comment