Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Monday, February 4, 2013

Road ID


“PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY”

 

My girlfriend worries about me running on the side of the road. I always carry my cell phone, but she worries what if I have a broken arm and cannot reach it or what if I am knocked unconscious. So for Christmas she bought me a Road ID bracelet. The Road ID bracelet has contact information engraved on it. We also took advantage of the interactive option, which costs $10 a year. With this option when EMS contacts Road ID they immediately have access to multiple emergency names and telephone numbers, my blood type, medical history, physicians, treatment preferences. With this feature I can update it at any time I want. Every athlete should carry some form of ID; it could save your life. This can also make people who love you happy.

Road ID’s are about as slim and light as a Livestrong bracelet. A lot of athletes wear them 24/7 to bed, to work, and even in the pool swimming. The Road ID is available in up to 8 different colors. If you purchase additional bands you can switch your name plate to match your mood or wardrobe. The only complaint I have read on line regarding the Road ID is that when you wear them 24/7 the ID plate can get scratched. Below is a picture of the box that my Road ID came in.

Now Get Off the Couch and Get Running with your Road ID!

What form of ID do you carry with you when yourun outside?
 

2 comments:

  1. I wear a RoadID permanently, not just when I'm running. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of several people that wear them all the time.
      It could save your life.
      Art

      Delete