Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Sunday, August 14, 2011

Training

I ran 11 miles outside Saturday, it was getting hot and I had to stop. My intent was to get an early start, but instead I slept in and ending up running in the heat of the day. I have been doing most of my training on the treadmill, now I plan on trasitioning outside, in final preparation for the Chicago Marathon.

Between now and the Chicago Marathon, I have my class reunion, a wedding to go to and my youngest son's birthday. The nightclass that I teach starts back up on 8/22/2011 and my Certified Personal Trainer Class that I am taking starts on 9/20/2011. I will be glad when this Marathon is over, so I will have a chance to catch my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment