Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Country Music Marathon

I was disappointed that the Southern Indiana Classic Marathon was cancelled. Maybe this was an emotional resonse to the disappointment, I had signed up for a marathon and trained very hard for a marathon. I signed up for the Country Music Marathon on April 30th. So this weekend I will be running over 20 miles this Saturday to keep myself in shape.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of marathons - do you ever have problems with shin splints? What do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck on the marathon!! I worked the marathon a couple years handing out water to the runners. You are a big inspiration to me as i've just started running. Thanks for the motivation!!

    ReplyDelete