- Blended Coffees: The average blended coffee purchased at Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts contains 239 calories, 200 extra calories a day equals a 20 pound weight gain in one year.
- Not Enough Water: Runners understand it is important to hydrate before a workout, but it is also important to hydrate before a meal. Drinking two eight - ounce glasses of water before a meal makes you feel full and therefore eat less.
- Too Much Meat: Fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and beans have fewer calories per gram. Meat is an important source of protein and iron, the problem is we eat too much of it.
- Not Reading Food Labels: Focus on purchasing items that contain the fewest calories, unhealthy fats, and sodium. Also review the ingredients to meet your specific needs.
- Eating While Distracted: Eating while you are distracted causes you to eat more and gain weight. Turn off the TV, put down the newspaper and focus on your food.
I signed up for the Chicago Marathon today: