Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Thursday, January 27, 2011

Warm Up

Warming up is a necessary part of exercise and training, it prepares your body for what is to come. Here are some of the benefits of a proper warm up:
  • Increased muscle temperature: A warmed muscle both contracts more forcefully and relaxes more quickly.
  • Increased body temperature: This improves muscle elasticity, reducing the risk of strains and pulls.
  • Blood vessels dilate: This reduces the reduces the residence to blood flow and lowers stress to the heart.
  • Improve efficient cooling: You can cool efficiently and help prevent overheating.
  • Increased blood temperature: This makes oxygen more available to working muscles, which improves endurance.
  • Improved range of motion: The range of motion around joints in increased.
  • Hormonal changes: This makes more carbohydrates and fatty acids available for energy production.
  • Mental Preparation: Warm-up time is a good time to clear the mind, increase focus, review skills and strategies.
What are your favorite warm-up exercises?

No comments:

Post a Comment