Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Friday, May 3, 2013

Bose SIE2i

 

I really wanted to do research. That has never changed.” - Amar Bose

After my second pair of Plantronics Backbeat 903+ bluetooth headphones died I gave up on them and decided to try something else. After doing a little research on the Internet, the Bose SIE2 and SIE2i kept showing up on the lists. The difference between the two being that the SIE2i is optimized for the iPod, iPhone and iPad. 

I was impressed that users consistently gave the Bose product 4 and 4.5 stars out 5 on the net. I was discouraged by the price of most of the headphones. I was really not wanting to pay over $100 for a pair of headphones to use for running. I was not to pleased with the Apple ear buds because they keep falling out of my ears. The strong point given to the Bose headsets by most reviewers is that they are secure and do not fall out of your ears. I own several Bose products and I am already sold on the sound quality of Bose.

The SIE2 are priced at $119.95 and the SIE2i are priced at $149.95, with free shipping. Below is a picture of my new Bose headphones:

IMG_0393

In the box you get the Headphones, the Bose-Reebok armband, three StayHear Tips: one small, one medium and one large, and an  extension cable. The headphones include the controls for Apple products and a clothing clip. I have done two 30 minute runs using the new headphones and they have not fallen out of my ears one time. I have turned my head sideways and shook it trying to get the headphones to fall out and they will not. The second run was in strong winds and the headphones did not blow out of my ears. I have came to expect clear, full crisp sound from Bose products.The in-line controls for the iPhone are very easy to use. The top button increases the volume, the bottom button lowers the volume, and the middle button is pause/start. The armband stays snug around my arm and has not came loose when I ran. So far I have been very pleased with my new headphones.

What headphones do you use when running?

10 comments:

  1. I have a pair of Klipsch s4's. I purchased the Bose SIE v1 and I wore them for about 10 minutes and hated every minute. But it's very much personal preference. Dangerous as it might be, I prefer to be just about deaf to the outside world when running. No external noise whatsoever. This also helps on airplanes as well. As for the s4's I love them and will soon be buying a new pair as mine as starting to get a bit worn down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read good things about the Klipsch also and I know a lot of people prefer them to the Bose.
    I have a pair of Bose Comfort headphones that I wear on planes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has big Bose headphones for his laptop and an earpiece for his phone. He really likes them both and won't use anything else now.

    I don't run outside with earphones but I do in winter when I'm stuck on the treadmill! I think I'll switch over to Bose too, when the generic headphones I have now wear out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are working really well, they are secure and have not fell out of ears.

      Delete
  4. Apple ear buds are indeed the worst. I only wear headphones while on the treadmill - I prefer to run "naked" when I run outside, which is most often. I can't remember the brand of headphones that I currently have, but they wrap around my ears so they don't fall out. They were about $40 on Amazon, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes run outside without headphones so I can hear everything going on around me.
      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. I use Skull Candy ear buds. I also like running without music-- it's a good time to just think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can clear your head, that is for sure.
      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. I've never felt the need to run with headphones, can't concentrate on two things at once!
    How's the running going Art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going good, got several long runs here lately, plus a couple of Yasso 800's.
      The rest of the time I have been running about 3 miles.

      Delete