Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bluetooth Headset



 
I recently purchased a Plantronics BackBeat 903+ headset. I purchased the Bluetooth headset because I have ruined wired ear buds when they got tangled up in my arms while running. I have also  had the wires get tangled up in the bottles on my fuel belt.

 The Plantronics headset sinks easily with my iPhone and delivers good sound. I use the headset primarily for running and have only had a couple of phone calls while wearing it. The sound quality for telephone calls seems acceptable to me. The placement of the buttons is easy to use. The buttons for music are the right side and the button to answer telephone calls is on the left.

 I have an Otterbox case for my IPhone. Whenever I would hook it to my fuel belt during runs the music would fade in and out. Then I purchased an armband for my Otterbox and have not noticed the problem since. The unit comes in a package with a carrying case and charger. When you plug the unit in to charge it, you can tell when the headset is charged when the light on the unit changes from red to blue. Whenever you turn the unit on it tells you how much approximate listening time is remaining.

The Plantronics Backbeat 903+ has a suggested retail of $99.95. Below is a picture of my Plantronics headset, case and charger.

Do you listen to music while you run?

If you do what kind of headphones do you use?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment