Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Saturday, February 19, 2011

Training Update

I ran 20 miles today outside, training for the Southern Indiana Classic Marathon. I ran the first 8 miles without stopping and walking, from that part forward I alternated between running and walking. I hit the wall between 13 and 14 miles the pain got so intense that I wanted to stop, but I knew that the only way to break through the wall was to keep going. I have one more run of at least twenty miles in two weeks and then I go into the taper off period.

2 comments: