Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Thursday, February 24, 2011

Recent Running

I took Sunday and Monday off after having ran 20 miles on Saturday. Tuesday was 3.6 miles, Wednesday was 3.5 miles and tonight was 3.6 miles. All trainings this week have unfortunately been inside on the treadmill. My speed has been pretty good I have been working it up to 6.6 miles per hour and then holding it there for at least 20 minutes. I remember when I first started running and was estatic when I hit 5.5 miles per hour. I have been trying to keep the treadmill at an incline of 1, just to try and compensate for being inside. My plan is to take tomorrow off and then do an LSD (long slow distance) on Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. I think your a power walker old man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let this kid get to you. Everyone starts somewhere. Be your own critic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed -- the kid is an idiot. Your accomplishments are huge, and I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Your an Inspiration to all!!

    ReplyDelete