Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Monday, February 21, 2011

Mental Breakdowns

Running is as much mental  as physcial, here are 5 mental breakdowns:
  1. Seeking perfection - Learn to view a few days off as part of the training process and a lousy run or race as a learning experience.
  2. Caring to much - Some runners never feel good about themselves, no matter how well they run. Remember that running is something you so, not who you are.
  3. Stressing out - Do not stress over things that you cannot control. I know this is easier said than done.
  4. Poor goal setting - Performing at your highest level requires risk-taking and pushing yourself outside your comfort level. Don't go crazy but push yourself.
  5. Not focusing - Set small goals, such as staying with the runner in front of you.
Can you suggest any other mental breakdowns?

No comments:

Post a Comment