- Seeking perfection - Learn to view a few days off as part of the training process and a lousy run or race as a learning experience.
- Caring to much - Some runners never feel good about themselves, no matter how well they run. Remember that running is something you so, not who you are.
- Stressing out - Do not stress over things that you cannot control. I know this is easier said than done.
- Poor goal setting - Performing at your highest level requires risk-taking and pushing yourself outside your comfort level. Don't go crazy but push yourself.
- Not focusing - Set small goals, such as staying with the runner in front of you.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Running is as much mental as physcial, here are 5 mental breakdowns: