Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Sunday, January 30, 2011

Training Update

Today I ran 3.5 miles in 32 minutes on the treadmill, that is a very good time for me.
I am training for the Southern Indiana Classic Marathon on April 11, 2011 in Evansville, Indiana.
I am following an Advanced Marathon Training Plan that I found on the Internet. This program would have me running 16 miles on 2/6, which I actuall did yesterday 1/29. This training program peaks at 22 miles on 3/13 and then goes into the taper off period. My personal goal  is to run 24 miles on 3/13 and go into the taper off period.

On Tuesday February 1, 2011 registration opens fo the Chicago Marathon. Chicago is one of the World's Five Major Marathons along with Boston, New York, London and Berlin. Registration is limited to 45,000 people and it fills fast. We got our hotel room today and most hotel rooms close to the starting line and finish line are already booked.

I would like to know is anyone else planning on running the Chicago Marathon?


No comments:

Post a Comment