Welcome to Getting Fit at Fifty

My name is Art Davis and I started running in 2007 to lose weight. Check out my before and after photos at the bottom of the page. I ran my first 5K and 10K in 2007 I went on to run my first half Marathon and full Marathon in 2008.























Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 15, 2011

My name is Art Davis, I am 52 years old and started running in 2007 to lose weight.My first race was the Komen 5k (3.1 miles) in Evansville, Indiana, I then ran a 10k (6.2 miles) in Cincinnati OH, the inaugural, Frostbite 1/2 Marathon by Nashville, TN, my first full marathon was the Cincinnati Flying Pig in May of 2008. Since that time I have ran the Evansville 1/2 Marathon twice, the inaugural Chicago Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon, The Louisville Marathon and in December of 2010 I ran the Memphis St. Jude Marathon. Currently I am training to run the Southern Indiana Classic Marathon at Evansville, IN in April. Along the way I have lost approximately 60lbs, lowered my bad cholesterol, raised by good cholesterol, lowered my blood pressure, battled the weather and injuries. Today I ran 13.1 miles inside on the treadmill. I prefer running outside but when it is cold and snow is on the ground I have to move inside and run. My plans for this blog is not just to post my progress but to also share tips and information that I have gathered.

No comments:

Post a Comment